Potter County Fishing

T

tracker12

Heading up to Potter County this weekend to attend a traditional archery shoot. Was thinking of trying to get a little fishing in while up there. New area to me (Dention Hill Ski resort area). Any fishing opportunities that I might explore. Maybe a Brookie stream.

Lots. There's a ton of wate that crosses Rt 6. Pick one and fish! They all have trout in them. That stretch of Rt 6 between Galeton and Coudersport has a lot of opportunities. Some of them are VERY tight (Nine Mile, for example) but in my mind, they're worth it.

One of my old favorites. Lyman Run.

GenCon

Agreed. Probably my favorite stream up there as well-but that's more nostalgic for me.

She can be finicky, but I had a couple outstanding days on her in early June. Absolutely beautiful back there, too.

A few shots from Lyman earlier this summer:
100_5103.JPG

100_5100.JPG

100_5102.JPG

100_5097.JPG

look out though, that chucacabra in that one picture might get ya!!!

Let us know if you see Mt. Lions.

Yup find water catch fish, thats the only area ive pulled that scenario off in. Its seriously heaven!

You're lucky it rain ed up there, you should have plenty of water to fish. They otherwise had drought conditions for several years.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I had a great time at the Trad shoot and never did get in any fishing. However, I did take a breat Sat afternoon and rode around to check out the water for my next trip. What a great area of PA. It was nice being back in the area. I shot my first deer near Port Allegeny back in 1967. That was a while ago. I'm starting to make plans to make it back up in SEP for a early fall fishing trip.

stop in an we can point the way to fish

Back