Posted Land on Penns Creek

Hook_Jaw

Hook_Jaw

Fished Penns of Thursday had to not been over for a little while when I came back to come across the walk bridge in Coburn I notice the land owner has the posted sign right in the middle of the walk path. Anyone else hear of this or have seen this?

saw this as well a couple weeks ago. supposedly the land owner was tired of teenagers partying late night so he posted it...

Maybe ask jonas at the shop what he knows about it.

Good idea to consult Jonas, but be aware, some of the locals do not care for him because they think he is drawing folks to their formerly "secret" waters. I would consider checking with the landowner if you have any question whether he/she/they would welcome a quiet, respectful fly angler.

I saw him when crossing the bridge but I fished around and did not walk down not knowing it was posted. Also heard he is upset with rails and trails considering coming thru there. Ive never had a problem with him before he is certainly ia different though. lol

Are you referring to the ground by the tunnel?

He is pissed about rails to trails. He is not letting anyone back. Even the other landowners aren't allowed. He said he will sell it if anyone is interested for 250k. What a joke. But he is a little crazy as most of us know so I would be careful down that way.

Just a heads up...the guy that owns the land by the tunnel where everyone parks is talking about posting. People keep blocking the road back to his house and littering. He's not real happy either.

butch645xzm wrote:
Just a heads up...the guy that owns the land by the tunnel where everyone parks is talking about posting. People keep blocking the road back to his house and littering. He's not real happy either.

I think he's got a right to be pissed, they do park all kinds of crazy ways down there. I once parked in a legit spot but did not pull in far enough and was sticking out. He came by and very nicley asked me to pull up which I did without question. I think he is very reasonable and I'm not sure why guys wouldn't honor his one request.

I agree. He is a very nice guy. I spend alot of time down there and see why he gets upset. People block the road and park anywhere they want. He is really considering posting that area. That is the only place to park and would leave alot of people without access.,

not good news at all all that land is his even his where you go out around but i did not notice any posted signs after you cross the bridge to go down along the stream

I don't understand people in general when it comes to respecting people's property. It is not a difficult concept and I was brought up to always respect people, as well as their property. I just don't get it. I mean it doesn't cost anything to say "please" or "thank you" yet people use these words like they are on a budget of them. If these people (and let's be fair, it is not only FFers that park there) got their car blocked in the way some block his driveway, they'd go bananas themselves.

yeah I don't even park there anymore I just walk thru the tunnel

I'm fortunate that I can park and stay at my friends camp. Respect is a quality that is being bred out I believe. Last time we talked he was seriously considering posting it. Its tough to try and help or say anything because you **** someone off and get into a brawl its not worth it. People just need to use their heads!!

I agree I still find crap laying everywhere everytime I go

I have become friends with quite a few of the land owners down the entire street and could probably get access to park so if he posts it would make access tougher and probably less fishing pressure but I still think they should be respectful. If he posts I forsee issues on the other side of the tunnel where overlfow parking may cause that landowner issues and he could end up posting. This is bad no matter how you slice it.

Yeah It sucks anyway you slice it.

Are you guys talking about the parking at the very end of the road by the RR bridge?? Still trying to get my bearings.

troutpoop wrote:
Are you guys talking about the parking at the very end of the road by the RR bridge?? Still trying to get my bearings.

That we are my FF-ing comrade.

A couple of weeks ago, my uncle and I were walking through and saw the sign we stopped at it and saw the land owner working down below. We yelled down asking if we could go through and he said go right ahead. Thanked him and moved on.

Back