pine creek - berks county

M

montanya

I did Some hiking in the state game lands around Landis store last year. Apparently Pine creek is a class a from baldy hill road down to the manatawny. I have caught fish downstream but I am just wondering if anyone has caught anything up around yhr state game lands? It looked bone dry last time I was there.

Trout are caught headwaters to the mouth, it's pretty rocky and small in the headwaters, but it is fishable.

Nevermind,

Was thinking of the wrong Berks County class A Pine Creek.

I was just there last Sunday and fished the gamelands. This was the second time I have fished the upper area of Pine. There are some beautiful little runs but I would not consider it class A water. In each of the 2 outings I caught a few tiny brookies and didnt see a whole lot more. The hardest part about the area is all of the bryers. I would use a really short leader and a fly rod 7' or under to avoid getting tangled every other cast.

I think there is confusion here over the op's Pine Ck. The Pine Ck that he is speaking about is the one in eastern Berks and is a trib to the Manatawny. The other Pine originates near Hawk Mtn and flows into Maiden Ck in northern Berks.

The Pine Creek near Landis Store is not lined with briars, there are sections of the Hawk Mountain Pine Creek that have them, but that's not where to fish it anyway. I usually fish the lower water on that Pine Creek, between the bridges, but not below the lower bridge.

Back