Penns muddy?

S

Squaretail

Title tells it. I know how Penns can be and the rain a few days ago got pretty nasty in spots. Should I make the trip tomorrow?

Penns blows out when a deer pisses near the bank, doesn't it?

Thats why I ask. The rain was heavy but only in places.

Call Jonas at Coburn/Feathered Hook and ask. He will tell you.

NedZeppelin wrote:
Call Jonas at Coburn/Feathered Hook and ask. He will tell you.

Yeah, he will tell you alright. He will tell you it is fishing great. I love the guy but his definition of fishable is debatable.

I talked to Jonas today, they got t-storms up there again last night, he said there was about 4 feet of visibility today. Gonna fish it tomorrow, no more rain forecast til friday evening, thinkin it should be in decent fishing shape tomorrow

timmyt wrote:
I talked to Jonas today...he said there was about 4 feet of visibility today.....
Being that more than half the surface acreage is less then 4 ft. deep, I would think it is fishing fine. Now can we trust the report?

If it were given to me, I would.

It was decent yesterday and today, hendricksons and grannoms, heavy rain for 3 hours this evening though, tomorrow may questionable, might just go brookie fishing!

It was decent yesterday and today, hendricksons and grannoms, heavy rain for 3 hours this evening though, tomorrow may questionable, might just go brookie fishing!

I second what bikerfish observed, fished it yesterday and today, it was up for sure but very fishable and wadeable with a staff. Jonas told me when i got there thurs only to wade it if i was a confident wader and had a staff, he was right on the money

Its done for the weekend now though, left and drove home when it started raining hard earlier this evening, looked at the gauge when i got home, its flowing double what it was earlier today and it was already getting muddy before i left there around 530 after only a half hour of pretty decent rain

Back