Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Penns Creek this time of year. .

From Butler, Pa
Ok, first, if there is a better place to get answers to my questions, Mods, could you please move it there.

This week I have been dying to fish Penns creek and a couple neighboring streams, though I have never fished there. I have been up well past midnight watching youtube videos, and Im hooked.

What I would like to know is what type of bugs, midges, caddis, etc I could expect to see. Also where are some good public places to fish, I'm not looking to get thrown out of somewhere as I just got back from a yelling match in the woods and thought I was a goner..

I'll be headed out next Wednesday in the morning, the forecast looks promising and I really cant wait. .

Any info is appreciated, Pm or post.. .

Posted on: 2012/12/8 14:42

Re: Penns Creek this time of year. .

From Lewistown, PA
midges and perhaps some bwo's.....probably better luck with nymphs (zebra midges, stoneflies, pheasant tails, etc.). dont forget the streamer box!!!, plenty of good water around the town of coburn, stop in at the feathered hook fly shop for better advice and a few laughs, poe paddy state park area great as well

Posted on: 2012/12/8 15:29

From Butler, Pa
We tied a bunch of zebra midges last night, after my buddy gets off work tonight I'll see about stopping in and that shop. Trying to at least develop a gameplan by Tuesday, he was taking his PAFF book to work to read.

Posted on: 2012/12/8 18:41

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
I was supposed to join a buddy on Penns today, but decided I did not want to sleep on the couch and went cut a Christmas tree with the family. His report to me was that him and his two other friends caught a few, but nothing to brag about. Theirs all came nymphing and tossing some streamers.

Posted on: 2012/12/8 19:45

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Butler, Pa
Thanks becker, I'll keep that in mind to take the streamers with me. Cant wait

Posted on: 2012/12/9 0:32

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com