Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Open for Comment - Pine Creek

From SE Pa
I've seen my share of people fishing the mouth of Slate Run during the warmer temps and I agree its a problem. I don't understand why the PFBC doesn't close the mouths of the Slate and Cedar during that time. I know they do it in other states. Wouldn't that solve the problem ?

Posted on: 2013/3/29 11:46

Does anyone know how many trout the PFBC stocks in Pine Creek? And the breakdown by section?

Posted on: 2013/3/29 12:16

From Phoenixville Pa
Wolf's General Stocks it, not the hotel (as far as i know). You can buy a button at the shop to support next years stocking. It's a great program and they stock quality fish. If you're ever there stop in and buy a button.

Posted on: 2013/3/29 15:52

From Phoenixville Pa
I thought they did but don't know for sure. The fish stack up like crazy. It's like a fish blanket underwater.

Posted on: 2013/3/29 15:54

From NC PA Mountains
Quote:

paparise wrote:
I thought they did but don't know for sure. The fish stack up like crazy. It's like a fish blanket underwater.

You'll find this at anywhere a coldwater stream enters Pine & where there are spring seeps into Pine.

Posted on: 2013/3/29 16:42

From LV
Dwight, they no longer publish the numbers on the web site, but I have a stocking schedule I'll look it up on that.

Posted on: 2013/3/29 20:20

From Harrisburg
Dear Board,

I guess the practice of fishing over fish in a thermal refuge is something that varies by location?

For example, I've seen fish stacked up on the Beaverkill at the Acid Factory pool where Horton Brook dumps in many times during the summers when I lived in NY. Often there were several hundred fish just laying in there during the hot spells.

I never once saw anyone fishing over them though.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2013/3/30 20:32
"Then the coal company came with the world's largest shovel, and they tortured the timber and stripped all the land. Well they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken, then they wrote it all down as the progress of man."

The mouth of slate run gets fished for sure. The other tribs on pine creek, not as much. It's due to the proximity to the hotel / wolf's general store and the fish that they put into the stretch.

Pine is marginal for trout survival in that stretch anyway. I doubt angling is a big factor.

Posted on: 2013/3/31 20:10

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
85 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
2 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com