Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: No Little Sandy Fall stocking

From Johnstown, PA
I like the trend that's emerging that puts more of stocking decisions into the hands of the Co/Ops out here in western Pa the Co/Op hatcheries are very numerous and given a fairly free hand. Living as long as i did down east i'd have to say there are twice as many here as there. I could be wrong but where i live it seems that way.

Posted on: 2012/10/12 10:01

From Ohio
According to the stocking list, Little Sandy wasn't supposed to be stocked this fall. BUT, on the regional reports it says little Sandy was stocked.

Posted on: 2012/10/12 10:26

From harlansburg
I'd like to see all stocking on little sandy stop. the stream has plenty of wild fish, browns, brookies, and yes, I caught a little wild rainbow a few years back. the creek would really do good without the stockies. plus, pressure would go down, lots of guys in the parking lots when it's stocked. but then again, the amish would have nothing for their easy poaching!

Posted on: 2012/10/13 7:42

From Mechanicsburg, Pa
Not sure why trout stocked in the fall would be considered wasted. These fish are available through out the winter until the spring stocking and many of the fly fishing areas see decent usage duing this period. I do hope the Commission considers eliminating stocking in class c streams or better though.

I have noticed a decline in the steelhead fishing over the last 4 years. I have to think that there have been cut backs here as well.I guess those of us who enjoy fall fishing will be seeing our fishing opportunities greatly reduced in future years.

I am not really in favor of another stamp. I have a feeling the funds from the fall stamp would just be used for other needs within the commission. It has been speculated that monies generated from the Erie tributary stamp is being used for other projects outside the Lake Erie watershed and I have heard statements from some of the commissioners indicating that is indeed the case. As I have bloviated on several previous posts there needs to be an honesttransparent and frank discussion by the Fish Commission with the trout angling community concerning the goals and realities of the stocking program in Pa. The euphemistic spin we always seem to be fed has to come to an end.

Posted on: 2012/10/16 19:58

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com