new to Lehigh Gorge

F

fly-commander

Has any one fished past the Rockport Road ?

Not sure what you mean by past it? Upstream.or down? That whole place is worth exploring just for the reward of fishing in such a beautiful, rugged stretch of water.

Sorry I mean downstream , I know they stock trout all the way up stream

Well actually the Sandy Run confluence is the lower limit of the stocking by PFBC. You can find a few areas around Rockport to fish, as Ryan said, it's very rugged territory in spots.

Do some exploring, but be careful on the banks and wading. And watch the water levels.

USGS Lehigh River

FEW Dam on Facebook

I might be headed down that way soon, pm me if you would like to meet up.

fly-commander pm sent

GenCon

fly-commander

Its all quality water up there. Flatwater, riffles, rapids, pocket water....you name, you got it. That stretch is not stocked with adult trout. Fingerlings are stocked in sports through the gorge, but they spread out quickly. The trout move in and out of that stretch of water. Its just a matter of putting your time in.

Whenever I fish there it takes me 15 minutes to decide just what piece of water I want to fish...

It is rugged. Releases from FEW this Sunday should be make the river flows very favorable for wade fishing, unless we get rain, then all bets are off.

Good luck

Also interested in fishing this stretch. We whitewater kayak it and have gone on non dam release days. I've often though about bringing a fly rod and trying to fish using the boat or just running aground on big rocks in the river and standing there to fish. Might have to give it a try this summer sometime.

I've fished up that way a good bit...if the release is down its a good place to wade. They are dropping the release as we speak so it could be really good for the next few days. With the temps finally coming up the gorge should be going off

Does anyone know if you can still get down to the river on Leslie Run Road?

That's a great idea to put the dam flows on Facebook every day. I wish all dams did that !

henrydavid wrote:
Does anyone know if you can still get down to the river on Leslie Run Road?

Yes sir...my Jetta wagen made it down a few weeks ago

Thanks Phil, you say you "Made It" what was the condition of the road?

Here's another link, an interactive map for flows updated hourly

NAP Water Control

If it stays hot and little rain, next two weeks are going to be phenomenal.

henrydavid wrote:
Thanks Phil, you say you "Made It" what was the condition of the road?

Here's another link, an interactive map for flows updated hourly

NAP Water Control

There's a few rock popping up but they are aviodable if you go slow...probably wouldn't work out for a lowrider but just about any other car should be able

Back