Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: New Penns Creek Information

From LV
The PA TU Trout Management Committee decided to take no action at this time on this issue,
"3. Penn’s Creek: It has been proposed to change the TT section of Penn’s Creek to CR. Some of the TMC membership attended the public meeting on this proposal and reported significant opposition from the landowners. Since all access to this area is on private land and the rule change could increase angler use, it is clear that public access is the most important issue for this section of Penn’s Creek. "
There is general agreement among the Committee that the regs are good the way they currently are.

Posted on: 2012/8/13 17:37

From LV
Guys you are talking about high summer temperatures, ie, sir temps vs water temps, they are 2 very different things. PFBC shocks streams during the summer, the sections PFBC shocked is cold water, not highly impacted by high water temperatures. There is little risk to the fish as long as the temps are below 70. The sir temps can be as high as 100° while the water temp is in the 60'S.
I'm not saying those are the temps just using an illustration.

Posted on: 2012/8/13 17:48

From Central, PA

There are some trout way over 20" They don't gewt big from being dumb.

Posted on: 2012/8/14 9:07

From Central, PA

Again as I stated this area where the water they shocked in my opinion is not water that would hold alot of big trout so the numbers on the size doesnt really matter to me. There are hog trout but you gotta work for them there there in other areas people dont want to walk and work to fish.

Posted on: 2012/8/14 9:10

From Shamokin, Pa
Your right Hook_Jaw... however that is one of my favorite places to fish because its right there and I have caught more fish in that area than I could ever count, but I wish I had a dollar for every mile i've walked up and down from were Old Mingle below the tressel up to Coburn!

Posted on: 2012/8/14 10:58

From Central, PA

I fully unserstand Ingleby when the water was up I caught some decent size trout in the hole in front of Wingards and down below your camp to where the train bridge is out

Posted on: 2012/8/14 13:27

From Central, PA

thats a good point

Posted on: 2012/8/14 13:37

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
116 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com