Neshannock Creek

B

BigD70

Thinking about making a trip to Neshannock tomorrow but not sure of the condition. Don't want to make a trip from Ohio if it is high and muddy. Anybody know the condition of the stream after the storm today? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Darrell

There will still be some color in the water but levels and color should be good.

It's been blistering hot for about a week. I wouldn't expect a whole lot until we get several days of cooler weather unless you intend to fish for smallmouth.

Kev

I wouldn't make the trek all the way from Avon Lake to fish Neshannock this time of year(even for smallmouths). You'd probably do just as good hitting Rocky River or the Chagrin, and you'll use a lot less gas. Just my opinion. If it's trout you're after you'd probably be better off hitting the Mad, or driving even farther into PA that Neshannock.

The fly shop updates the stream report every day (although not very detailed)...He's been suggesting hitting the lakes for a few weeks now...

http://www.ncflyshop.com/news.stm

Worth a bookmark in your browser...

Thanks for the help guys. May just stay local and fish with the kids at a pond today.
Thanks,
Darrell

Hit the ponds with the kids today. That's what I'm going to do (but I don't have kids). Popper dropper time! Enjoy!

Back