Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Montana Advice

From Eastern PA
I've been out a few times staying around 10 days on average each time.

Flights: You are in the middle of nowhere. Check flights from Harrisburg and Pitt. You are probably not going to find a lot of variance in price so don't try to save money there. Time is money, so look for quickest flight with the least lay over times. Pro Tip: some of the layover terminals have amazing beer opportunities.

Rental Car: As noted above you need unlimited mileage but that is pretty much standard now a days. Couple months ago I got a mid sized SUV for 10 day for around $320 including airport fee, taxes, etc. I use Yahoo for car searches. Unlike hotel rooms and airfare you can book rental cars with no deposit and grab lower fares when they become available.

Lodging: Obviously dependent upon where you want to fish. Which leads to the question, how much $ do you want to spend? We can avoid all the additional conversations if you want a lodge trip with guides. If you are doing the trip yourself then we can talk about lodging.

As to where to fish? Honestly I told Jay to leave me on the Bighorn and he could or could not come back for me as I did not care. That is simply an amazing river. It's a few hours from Bozo. Nice cheap cabins there and great guide services if you need them. Don on this forum is a guide out there and I am sure he could put a good Bozo trip together for you.

Having said all that, give us more of your expectations, ie how much you want to spend, how long you will be there, etc and you will get more detailed suggestions.

But seriously. Bighorn.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 23:35

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com