Monacacy Creek

A

Asbury

Headed up to the Lehigh Valley next week and will be very close to the Monacacy. Plan to fish it a lot. What is hatching this time of year and at what times of the day?

There's a hatch chart on the sidebar of the home page, if that helps.

Terrestrials scuds and c bugs oh my!

Hatches there are same as on Little Lehigh. Now it is mostly fishing last hour of daylight to the various "sulphurs" with nymphs, or to the spinner falls at dark. The heavy rains have pretty much crushed the fly fishing for now.

Try red ants if you can't get them to bite on anything else. # 18's are all you'll need.

Where is a simple place to park here, thinking about heading there with my brother on Wednesday. I've never been in the area before, coming from NE Phila.

I park at Monocacy Ck park on Ilicks Mill Rd and hike away from the crowds.

Chaz, Not sure whether to take you literally or not so so I tied up some ants in true red and cinnamon. I'll offer the fish a taste test but I was wondering how you fish your ants. Greased on the surface as a dry, or off a dropper and swung wet? Anxious to hear how others present them and how small to go. Thanks

I fished it Sunday with a friend. Walts worms with copper bead. Size 14 and 16. All I used and I probably caught 40 in a few hours. Largest being about 13 inches.

Back