Manada Creek DHALO section

laurelrun

laurelrun

It was great to get outside today and fish. So done with cabin fever I could not wait. I am a total newbie to flyfishing, having just picked it back up last fall. Met about half a dozen folks who had the same idea today, and enjoyed a walk through the woods until I finally got on some fish. Brought about half a dozen stockies to hand before hiking back to the car. The guys I met, including a father and son enjoying a day on the water together, were very friendly and even put me on some productive water they had fished earlier.

I've been lurking and learning from you guys all winter. Looking forward to learning more next weekend!

Very good, glad you got on some fish. It's cool you ran into some good people. Welcome aboard and congrats on the trouts.

This weekend's newbie jam just reinforced that experience tenfold. So great to learn from some great guys.

I'm looking forward to exploring more of the great waters here in south central PA. I'd appreciate anyone's opinions on Clarks Creek and Stoney Creek, especially now that we will be into heavier pressure after opening day.

Next week, I'm going to take a lesson from everyone on here and pay it forward to take a couple kids and a friend out for the mentored day. I plan to teach, help, and watch. And also untaggle and unhook.

Nice to hear Laurelrun - glad that our community has treated you well and that this is now "your favorite place out of the water."

Gonna be a great fishing season.

That's great that you got into some fish.

Clarks and stoney are very similar. I've only fished stoney once, but i've fished clarks a lot. Stoney has a bike trail running along a large part of it. clarks is a nice creek. It's not the best stream but it's very nice. I always enjoyed the scenery and the water is almost always very clear. It's mostly stocked fish but there are some streambreds. If you fish clarks don't be afraid to explore outside the special reg area.

Back