Looking for a stream

Wulff

Wulff

Hey folks. I'm going to be spending a week with my wife's family in Lackawaxen next month. I've fished the Lackawaxen River a few times, but I would like to check out a smaller stream or two while I'm there. Anything within a 30-40 drive from there? Thanks!

I recommend getting the map for Delaware State Forest and the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area and checking out the streams and access on those maps.

Much of the private land in the region is posted, so look for streams running through the public lands.

Interestingly enough my forum name Dyberry Brookies comes from a small stream running through some state game lands close to Honesdale/Hawley area. It is called Dyberry and it has a C and R FF only section, as well as plenty of brookie water if you are willing to do the leg work.

Thanks guys! I'm going to check out both options. Just ordered a new custom rod and am psyched about hitting the small streams next month. Thanks again!

there are so many small streams with wild trout of where you'll be. Try searching class a streams in the nearby counties and then google those stream names. Your choices could take you years to fish all the water!

Some of the tribs to Lackawaxen R. have trout.

What about Masthope Creek? Stocked on the gamelands section. Pretty back there.

Masthope is supposed to have natural reproduction, but I've never caught any wild fish there. That doesn't mean it doesn't have wild trout, but it gets pretty warm because its source is a bunch of lakes.
Beautiful stream though. It may be one of those streams that gets better the closer you get to the mouth.

I'm going to check that out. I just hope my rod comes in by then...

Back