little shenango river, mercer county

fishingnoob

fishingnoob

I'm so amped to find out that the little shenango in mercer county is going to be trout stocked this spring. I live in Greenville in which the stream passes through. With only starting fly fishing this past august however, I've only fished the little shenago maybe once or twice. I'm checking to see if anyone on here has fished the little shenango specifically for trout and where some hot spots are. I might try and attend the stocking to see where exactly they are placing the fish.

Good idea about checking out the stockings. What I like to do is to cast directly into the buckets as they are carrying them down to the stream. It's good practice for casting accuracy and usually get a few hook ups. Win Win imo. Don't know why it pisses off the guys carrying them? They should really focus more on stocking and worry less about what I'm doing.

That's one stream I want to fish one of these days since it's on the way up to the families cottage. I don't know of any good access points, but I never really spent some time looking for any either. Just kinda drove over some bridge crossings a few times, but never found any good ones yet.

The best thing to do is go and help out with the stockings, which I would love to do with a lot of streams but they all happen to be on weekdays.

Out of the times I fished there streamerguy, the first was behind the adams hotel. It was the time this past summer where I first caught the river chubs...if you look through my posts on my profile you can check out some pics I took of the stream. It's a nice spot where the shenango and little shenango meet. Thats partially why I want to do the stocking to see if they will stock there cause its a fantastic spot, however its also the lower limit. The other spot was below the race ave. bridge but I wasnt there for very long. Two spots I'm interested in checking out are at the college ave bridge below Thiel College, and the iron bridge by williamson road.

and yes with the stocking on weekdays thats also a problem for me because I will most likely be working :/

Back