Little Juniata Ceek Near New Bloomfield PA

kenbo5733

kenbo5733

anybody ever fish little Juniata creek in perry county I no it gets confused a lot with the little Juniata river but if anybody has any information would be great because I might be in new bloomfield this weekend

When I lived in Newport I used to fish it. Had some good fly fishing on it over the years..Fished it last year and caught some trout.

kenbo, you might do better on Little Buffalo Creek near Newport. I caught a few last week just downstream of Little Buffalo St. Park. The trout fishing in our immediate area starts to really taper off this time of year. If you really want to fish Little Juniata Creek, look on a map for Okeefenokee road (sp) this comes to a "t" at the creek. Fish from there up or down stream and you might catch a few that are left from club stockings. The wild browns don't get too big in there from what I've seen, but hey who knows.........good luck.

thanks guys much appreciated it will be my first time there and I fished little buffalo lake last week and got into some good largemouth and a couple surprising rockbass although I wanna try to fly fish the little Juniata creek maybe some wild browns hopefully

This thread is an inquiry about a stream rather than an actual, past tense fishing report. As such, it is a better fit with the Fly Fishing Locations forum and will be moved shortly.
Thanks,
Dave W

You will find em. I know they stock off of royer st. For a kids derby and there's almost always fish left over. There is a park in the area there don't know the name but the riffle sections looked great up and downstream from there.

Lived in Perry County for the first 18 years of my life...next to the LB state park...Other really cool places to hit are upper end of Sherman's Creek out along 274.

Panther Creek isn't stocked a huge amount, lots of cover...

Smaller Brookie Streams and some class stuff....nothing is more than 15-20 miles from New Bloomfield...

Boss

YEAH!!!! I was a Perry County Plow Boy for awhile too , loved it there and the fishing , Shermans cdreek and in that direction , Blaine , GOOD STUFF

Back