Lititz Run

Holsberger

Holsberger

Where would be a good spot to fish Lititz Run to catch something besides algae or weeds? thanks

Lititz Springs Park? It's a spring crik..... There are gonna be weeds. That's the magic of it. Fish the open channels as close to the weeds as you can. You will catch fish.

The FFO stretch, unless you have a conservancy badge. Right now there are actually fish in it, as they just had the On the Fly tournament last week I believe. Fish it now because soon it'll just become chub infested as they don't do crap to that stretch apart form the tournament.

I found a partially full jar of "cheese flavored salmon eggs" laying in the newly mowed area along the stream on the Thompson Farm yesterday afternoon. I chucked the contents in the tall weeds and took the jar with me to dispose of it. Some of those stocked brookies are still in there but they may be going fast. It kind of pissed me off so I went and finished up the day with some WW fishing on the 'stoga.

Why not throw the cheezy eggs in the creek to fatten up the trout?

They used to throw dogfood in there. Maybe they still do.

where is the FFO stretch?

Creek Rd.

I recant my comments prior. The stream is doing great this year. The water levels are up, the water is staying cool because of the flows, the land owner (Tim Robinsin and I talked to him about 2 weeks ago) is extra vigilent right now about slobs. He has told us he ran several bait and spinner guys off, as well as bait guys using fly rods. He sure would appreciate any help in keeping that stretch FFO. He sure does love those trout and wants to keep the fishing great for all sporting fly fishermen.

Tim said it when I fished w/ him last on the stream, and I agree, we haven't seen the Run like this in close to a decade. It's like the stream we knew when we were in our early days of FFing. Heck even I'm catching fish on it, and that stream has been my bane!

I think the stream will never be more than a stocked project water stream of DTU, but it's a good one.

Back