Leigh river above or below the lake?

F

flyfishinx2

What would be t the best bet this time of year? I'm entertaining some guys from out of state this weekend and they want to check the Lehigh out. I'm semi familiar with the areas around white haven but don't know much at all about above the lake, I would assume brownies run up into the tribs?

Wow I posted this in the wrong spot...intended for it to be on the general discussion page, not sure how I put it here

Above the lake there are plenty of brookies, I've fished it a couple of times in the fall and have done well.

The river below the reservoir is fishing fairly well, despite the warm summer we had. I've heard good reports of trout rising all the way down past Walnutport. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to experience it first hand. Maybe this Saturday for me? Releases and river levels should be excellent for wading/fishing this coming weekend. Won't be much time left until the water gets too chilly for bugs and rising fish.

Not sure about above the reservoir.

Another thing to consider is a mode of transportation...Right now the flows are good for wading but you might end up doing a lot of walking unless you know some of the specific spot that you can park near...a bike can come in handy and add to the adventure

I'm hoping to get up there is week/weekend to catch some of the last bug action...

The upper end up in SGL 127 has wild brookies and was stocked on 10/5/12.Downstream of the SGL also has wild browns and is stocked in the spring so access isn't a problem.Wading below the lake is tricky,the bottom is slimy and slick. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=41.225309,-75.510739+(Lehigh+River+-+Section+3)

Attachments

• SAM_0662.JPG
    SAM_0662.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 3
hmmmm the upper river sounds pretty interesting

I'm planning on taking my bike just because I'll be there a full day before the other guys will....is the fall foliage crowd gone?

Trees are prime right now.

Back