Lehigh Flow

Stimey

Stimey

Since my plan to float the WB DE Saturday with Krayfish got screwed up, figured I may try to stay more local. Thinking of the Lehigh for a toon float. I've only ever floated it a few times so don't have a good frame of reference for what the current flow would be like in a toon. Looks like about 671 on the Lehighton guage. Would probably float from JT or Lehighton down to Bowmanstown. Also not sure if it is still muddy from the storm.
Doesn't look like a whitewater release weekend.

any of you Lehigh guys give any input. Thanks

I don't know about down that far but in the gorge the flows have been steady all week, almost perfect I would say. Muddy water was gone the next day( Wednesday I think). Water temps are starting to climb, 67 at FEW dam. I would say get out there while you can. Whitewater release next weekend and the water temps will probably pushing 70 the weekend after that depending on the weather.

Biking the gorge tomorrow, maybe I'll see some of you guys on the water, I agree flow looks perfect.

Go! Could be last the hoorah for the season. Release are not going to change from where they are right now, and the gages downstream will only continue their gradual decrease. Not sure how much I would pound the water mid-day, but a late afternoon to dark float should yield rising fish. The entire river should fish well, from the dam down to and below Walnutport. Just go. I wish I could get out. But whatever you do, stay til dark, and look for the large cornuta olives on the water at like 6pm or so. After that sulphurs. And throughout look for isos.

Back