Lebanon Area Stream Suggestions

PaulR

PaulR

Anyway, without the concern for spot burn have any suggestions for good streams to fish in the Lebanon area and north of this area?

Thanks,
Paul

Quitaphila or Manada.

The Tulpehocken is a nice little stream.

Never fished the quitaphila, but I always meant to when I was living in that area.

what about hammer? it might be south of Lebanon but not that far away.

Swatara.

Boyer

I agree that the best fishing in Lebanon County is not for Trout, but for Smallmouth and other WW fish species in Swatara Creek. Pretty much anywhere in Lebanon Co. on the Swatara will produce fish, just try to avoid any stretches that appear to be wide, very shallow riffles. If you’re looking for Trout, the Quittapahilla and its larger tribs are stocked pretty heavily, but they tend to not fish that well in my experience outside of the first few weeks after a stocking.

There’s wild Trout once you get to the ridges to the N/NW. There's some AMD issues up there, but most smaller, mountain streams will give up a Brookie or two.

You may wish to investigate the Tulpehocken from the Myerstown vicinity upstream to Rt 422. Some land is posted, some is not. You'll need to ask permission when you are above the stocked trout section. It is anticipated that the wild BT population will be expanding its range downstream from Rt 422 as a result of improved flow and water temps.

Access to the Upper Tully (above Myerstown) is generally pretty poor. Lots of posted land and folks not too friendly towards the idea of allowing people on their land, even when asked. I'd very much second Mike's recommendation to ask permission, even when land doesn't appear to be posted.

Clark's creek also

You looking for wild streams?

I can name some streams, but you will need to ask landowners for permission. Tribs to Hammer Ck and Hammer Ck proper at the county line. Cocalico Ck above Rt 897. What was once known as E Br Mill Ck immediately w. Of Newmanstown. Mill Ck, trib to Tulpehocken, downstream from the confluence of the previously mentioned E Br Mill Ck. Also, there is a newly found wild trout trib to Conewago that harbors a decent wild trout population, but I don't know its location yet.

Paul, Anything flow off of Blue Mountain, with the caveat that some of those streams are too small to bother with. You can try the Tributaries to the Lebanon Reservoir, if you want details on that, email me. I'll meet you on those streams.

Back