Kettle creek weekemd

D

dryflyklesse

Hey guys I'm heading to cross forks this coming weekend. We always make a final trip to the cabin before winter totally sets in. Anyone been in the area recently or any tips for this time of the year? Maybe I'll see some of you up there for the open weekend of bear season

They're always bitin' at Deb's. I'll be up next Wednesday through Thanksgiving weekend, but the forecast looks pretty cold, so Deb's it is. :pint:

Deb's has Troegs on tap.

I was there in the 2nd week of October, but that was pre-spawn, so I can't tell you what it's been like the last few weeks. I caught a lot of fish on Cross Fork in 2 days, as well as on the Hammersley. Things are cold now, though, and it's post-spawn. Whole new ballgame. Honestly, I'd stick to the bigger water. Kettle got a fresh batch of fish in October.

What's good to use besides the normal wooly bugger? Where on kettle did it get stocked because if we don't have luck anywhere it's always good to catch at least something

They stocked the FFO, try at the Rt. 144 bridge or the top of the FFO area, that's where they seem to dump them in. You could also try the First Fork DHALO which was also stocked.

Ohhh yes Deb's place a good halloween party there every year. I hear the daughter bought cross fork bar from darryl love that place also have years of stories in that town. Would stay at cross fork inn when it was owned by denny and joyce I think her name was.

Anyone ever fish below Alvin bush dam? And has anyone gone to the green lantern?? Love that place

I've fished below bush dam.
Some nice holes from the bridge down to the lower campground. And stocked well - just like up above.
And since it's somewhat of a tailwater, conditions in that stretch were often different than they were above. I've recorded water temps that were as much as 8-10 degrees different than above
And flies hatching, that hadn't even started above the lake yet

I just can't wait to get up there. It's going to be a blast cuz I'll be catching something even if it's not fish.

Hey Brad,
looks like more hung over bear hunters make sure the dog is in. you know how these flat landers like to shoot cubs...

For the cub hunters have one this size running around here.

Attachments

• 600 lb plus.jpg
    600 lb plus.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 3
Yeah and watch out for us bearded people we aren't bears.

Like fishing cross forks last year and the bear shot right over the hill I heard stumbling around in the brush. My old fishing partner will have her orange collar on for sure

my black lab will be in during bear season and he has an orange colar. hes as big as 100 lb. bear...

The_Sasquatch wrote:
Deb's has Troegs on tap.

I love most Troegs brews but something seems wrong about this.

Busch, Yuengling Lager and Coors Light. When someone asks for the fancy stuff you are told we don't have that, this is the PA Wilds!

Sandfly,

Hi Bob, it took awhile but I found this forum and while doing some recon I spotted your posts. I never did apologize for not making it up to meet you last May when I was back there but I had 4.5 days and it was pretty busy. Next trip I'll try to be in the area longer.

The picture of the big bear, that's real bear. I remember well what things get like this time of year for you folks out in the hills. I lived down in Cogan Station before everything was built up and had a cabin in Roaring Branch. As much as I enjoyed my dogs and grouse hunting I dreaded bear & deer seasons.

You know where I'm at now and you know it's pretty quite at this time of year, about -7 quiet tonight :)

Ard / Hardyreels

Busch, Yuengling Lager and Coors Light. When someone asks for the fancy stuff you are told we don't have that, this is the PA Wilds!

Stopped at the Tannery in on the first fork, guys came in with matching BMW motorcycle jackets. Asked for a martini, then some high class wine, then for a rolling rock bottle, the girl told him they had in in a can, guy says that's not good engouh.

A local looks over and says "Buddy your in rural freakin' Pennsylvania, the best your gonna git is a shot n' a beer"

I love Potter County. Will be up there this weekend for bear. Might hit up the first fork on the way home.

I don't usually fear bears (they fear me! Bow before Sasquatch), but man I would NOT want to see a 740lb bear while fishing. Dang.

Back