Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Huntingdon County Trout Streams

From Lancaster
Hi everyone!

I will be heading up to my friends cabin in Huntingdon County the weekend before New Years and was looking for some advice on some local trout streams in the small chance that I am able to get out for a couple hours. I am not certain on exactly where the cabin is but I know it is around the town of Metal and Willow Hill.

Thanks for the help!

Posted on: 2012/12/22 15:07

Re: Huntingdon County Trout Streams

From Banshee
I believe the Conococheague Creek flows right by Metal but I think that is Franklin Co. It,s a mighty fine steam

Posted on: 2012/12/22 19:56

It depends on where the cabin is as Raystown Lake dominates the county and could make travel time an issue.

Spruce Creek or the Little Juniata would be my choices for winter trout. You might give the Frankstown Branch a try as well as it does tend to hold-over some trout (although it's primarily a SMB stream for me).

I've also heard the Raystown Branch of the Juniata does hold trout below the dam (some BIG trout at that), but like the Frankstown Branch, I fish it primarily for SMB during the lower summer flows. It's big water with some very deep holes. Cold weather and higher flows could make it treacherous.

Posted on: 2012/12/23 9:18

From LV
At Willow Hill and Metal you're not far from Conococheague Creek and some toher good streams. The Conoco. is the only one I've fished to any extent but it can be good.

Posted on: 2012/12/27 16:58

From Johnstown, PA
From Willow Hill it's up over the mountain at Henrys Corner to the headwatwers of Shermans creek , Perry county. also some other good ones up there........do some scouting.

Posted on: 2013/1/7 9:06

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
122 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com