How have the Lehigh Valley streams been?

D

dubthethorax

Been since mid-summer since I hit the Little Lehigh and Saucon. Planning on maybe heading out this weekend. What hatches have been coming off? Has the egg bite turned on fire yet?

I was out on the LL the last 2 weekends for a couple short trips.
I had a few fish on Hoppers and Caddis.
Good luck.

Dave, call me if you're out this weekend. I haven't fished with you in a while!

The Saucon is big and brown right now! Haven't fished it in a while though. Probably a bit early for BWOs yet...

I fished the LL for a couple of hours Sat. evening, it was about as slow as I've ever seen it this time of the year. Meaning that it usually very good in the early fall, but it basically sucked Sat.

Fished LL a week ago and caught fish on a zebra midge.
Fished the Saucon on Monday and there were plenty of fish but I only got 1 on top and 4 nymphing.

Thanks. I'm gonna start with eggs and worms, move into midges, and pray for some Caddis or BWOs :)

Don't forget tricos, they'll be around, but not so early during the day anymore. Baetis, I saw some of those pesky yellow # 16 mayflies around on Sat. too.

Fished LL last sat and had good numbers on tricos and caddis. Lots of fish were looking up, just not actively feeding on top. Searching with a small caddis is the ticket, and when they looked and rejected, the trico was go to.

Baetis, very light colored and around a size 20-22, were coming off like mad yesterday starting at 4pm. Unfortunately, I had to leave at 4:30, right when the fish starting keying in on them.

Didn't see any caddis, but there were a few trico spinners around 2pm.

Did sting a few on eggs, worms, and scuds. No luck midging or nymphing.

Back