Harmony area fishing

V

vmthtr

Going to our Family reunion in Harmony PA soon. Any suggestions where one might wet a line for a few hours? Thanks for any suggestions.

Mike

Slippery Rock Creek is good for smallmouth bass.

you can actually catch some bass in the connie right in town. I have also caught walleye and have seen a musky. However, the best bet would be slippery rock for bass action. with the cooler early summer and extra rain there will also be a fair number of trout left. the McConnels Mill state park area would be the best bet for trout.

you will also have a good shot for trout at neshanock cr which is near Volant, about 30 min from harmony.

if you like largemouth. lake arthur is 20 min away. you can rent kayaks or a motor boat, and fish the weeds with a good chance to get a few fish with poppers or bunny leaches. I have actually wet waded arthur and done well too.

Just as a heads up, a teenager drowned a week or so ago in slippery rock so as a reminder, be careful around that body of water.

With that in mind I might fish it this weekend. But i wont step foot in it.

I remember fishing a section of Slippery Rock that was not in the treacherous gorge section.

It was more like a "regular" stream where we fished it, and we did pretty well for smallmouth.

Thanks everyone. We are headed that way next week

Back