Hagerstown MD

hunter1

hunter1

Next weekend i'll be in Hagerstown md with the wife. She wants to see the three colors, I'm fly fishing.Only been there once 30 yrs ago. Are there good streams or rivers clos to town to fish around there. Don't know where i'm staying yet. i know of a fly shop there. I'd appreciate any advise on where to go.
Thanks

If you're planning on staying in MD, check out beaver creek. Not far into pa would be falling spring and the other chambersburg area streams.

Recommend Beaver Creek. You're close and don't need to travel far. You can get info by accessing beavercreekflyshop.com. It's a smallish spring creek with wild browns and you cab find some decent size rainbows on the lower section

What Klingy and Dale said.

Hagerstown MD is an underrated fly fishing destination - lots of options that fly under the radar.
I'd recommend the Potomac River. Some excellent bass fishing as well as walleyes, catties, and muskies in that section.

Another vote for Beaver Creek, and short drive to Thurmont Md. Lot of options there.

Thanks all. I'll check out the fly shop and beaver creek.

You'll be about 20 minutes from falling spring in chambersburg, another 20 will get you on the big spring.

You should check out the city park, It has (had 30 years ago) a spring fed pond that was loaded with trout. Doubt if you could fish for them but it was fun to watch them.

I prefer beaver too but Antietam creek at devils backbone is another option as it was stocked heavily this fall

Well i fished Beaver creek, Had a great time. Cught 2 fish. Fly shop and owner Jim are great. I fished the lower stretch, next time i'll hit the upper.Thaks for all the info.

Back