Great first trip to Bobs

osprey

osprey

A friend and i got over to Bobs creek in Bedford county yesterday . i was totally skunked . my friend got one decent stocked brown on a wax worm imitation. There was a hatch that went on all day of a small light slate gray mayfly but the trout were paying no attention and there were quite a few trout but they must have been full . they were all laying on the bottom like rocks and would not move for anything. Still had a GREAT day and i might go back today. I'll keep yinz posted...........0

I think the water temps are still very cold on our streams osprey, fished some center co stuff over the weekend and the fish all had a case of lockjaw. oh, they can be caught if ya want to dredge, but I just can't bring myself to do that! I think things will turn around in a few weeks. I'm gonna try to get out your way sometime in may, I'll keep you posted and maybe we can hook up!

i was there on sunday, the water temp was 50...still picked a few up

I was there Saturday afternoon. The wind made for some tough fishing. I caught one small stockie rainbow on an egg pattern and nothing else. My buddy that came along with spinning gear picked up about 10. I also swung by there on the first day on my way home in the afternoon and didn't do well. Talked to one guy that was spin fishing and he told us he caught 97. We kind of laughed and shrugged it off. He continued to fish as he talked to us and I watched him bang out 98, 99, 100, 101. Every cast, fish on. Guess a panther martin was the ticket for the stockers.

Oh, no you dinent.

It sounds like that small mayfly was probably a blue quill.

TYoung............i go along with you on the blue quill . i've seen the same hatch early on Yellow creek.

Back