Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Floating the Beaverkill

From Dauphin PA
I wouldn't even know where to launch but ... sure, I'll float it. You never see any waders down there. I've just tossed the toon over the guardrail just above the EB Motel. We've caught fish before getting to the JAWS so I know they are in there.

Posted on: 2013/3/31 9:54

From Lehighton, PA
Why all the confusion and debate over floating the Beaverkill, or whether it's even allowed or not? The fact that the Beaverkill is wider than the WB in some places doesn't just automatically mean it'd be a better river to float than the WB. From a navigability standpoint, they're two very different rivers and the West Branch is a far better choice for pontoons and driftboats. I think the reason you don't see boats on the Beaverkill has little to do with some unwritten rule regarding tradition. Rather it's simply that the Beaverkill (save for the lower end) just isn't conducive to float trips, for starters there would be way too much portaging.

As far as people getting there panties in a bunch over some drift boats or pontoons floating by I really don't get it. For the most part, take a deep breath, relax and be patient the fish will start rising again very soon after they float thru. I've seen it, even with the well-educated, spooky fish of the West Branch. You want real frustration with boaters? Come join some of us on the Lehigh and deal with floatillas of 50+ "whitewater" rafters each coming thru several times a day. I'll gladly take being interrupted by several lone pontoons or driftboats in a day's fishing than the Lehigh's growing rubber hatch.

Posted on: 2013/4/2 14:04

I have nothing against floaters, but the Beaverkill is just not conducive to any type of watercraft. With so much water that is appropriate for a boat in that area, the only reason one would float the B'kill is to thumb their noses at fellow anglers.

Posted on: 2013/4/8 22:08

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
58 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
2 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com