Fishing in Susquehanna Cpunty

A

AllenGrant

I am new to the area and am looking for decent trout streams with public access. I live east of 81 near Jackson...Thanks!

Allen

PM sent.

You're close to some of the best fishing in the East, the West Branch of the Del.

Also, check out gamelands for brookie streams

The trophy trout section or lower Lackawanna aren't too far

I think other streams near you might be too warm in summer for good trout fishing, at least for catch and release

Thanks Cathy--just trying to get my feet wet up here.

Allen,
Welcome to our online community. If you haven't already done so, click the link in the upper right corner of this page "Pennsylvania Trout Streams" and this will get you started. You can search this forum using the "Advanced Search" box - can search by county, date, or stream name/topic if you're looking for discussion of specific places to fish.
Dave W

Welcome to the site.

I used to live in Susquehanna Co. near Jackson. You don't know how good you have it. Really. There are probably some nice wild trout within a short hike from where you live. And I mean hike, not drive. They are everywhere. Go knock on a farmers door. There are dozens of great spots up in that area. I've caught brookies up there in some of the smaller lakes even. Big ones.

Might have to explore a bit. It's been 13 years since I relocated to York so my information my no longer be accurate. Stay in your area. Let all the out of towners go and get skunked on the delaware.

Send me a pm. That's all I will discuss here.

Back