Fishing Creek Tribs

M

Mtnstream

Has anyone ever fished Bear Run, which is a trib to Fishing Creek in central pa?

Ive fished it a few times

and ????????

The question was answered.

All he asked was has anyone fished bear run and I replied yes a few times never asked anything else what would you like me to say?

Just wondering if it is any good. Any brookies? Does it have good grade?

Hook_Jaw wrote:
All he asked was has anyone fished bear run and I replied yes a few times never asked anything else what would you like me to say?
Too funny! lol

Wow, didn't realize asking a wide open/general question about a stream was so funny. Apparently "LOL" is used pretty liberally on this forum as per above.

Mtnstream,
Your question was fine and perhaps some folks will chime in. Please be aware, however, that questions about small wild streams and the presence of brook trout etc.....are frowned upon by many folks in this community and snarky comments sometimes result from such inquiries. There are probably a few folks around here who are familiar with this stream but prefer to keep what they know close hold. You were perfectly within bounds to ask however.
We encourage fishing reports and open sharing of information around here.....Just trying to help out if you weren't aware of this.

It's a quite small, brushy, medium gradient brookie stream.

If you are in the area to fish Fishing Creek, give it a try. But I would not consider it a "destination stream" worth driving any distance to fish.

There are many hundreds of wild trout freestone streams in PA that are more interesting choices than this one, IMHO.

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated

Very very brushy lol

Um, how big does the "brush" get on this particular stream, not that I am referring to fish?

Fishidiot wrote:
...questions about small wild streams and the presence of brook trout are frowned upon by many folks in this community. You were perfectly within bounds to ask however. We encourage fishing reports and open sharing of information around here.

I'm not sure whether to bust out laughing or shake my head over this paradox, but it has become the unwritten truth here.

Reminds me of a post on the old FFP forum years ago at the peak of it's haughtiness / snarkiness: "I went fishing recently on a PA stream. It's possible that the stream had trout, and there may or may not have been a hatch, which I may or may not have matched. I may have done quite well, but then again maybe not. Thanks for letting me share."

EG

Back