Falling Springs

A

andre

Any dry fly fishing there yet? Olives? Same question for Letort and Big Spring? thinking about weekend.

Thanks
Andre

I can't speak for the other two but I was at Big Spring yesterday and saw some fish taking some midges but that was about it. I think I saw some black stone flies but didn't see any interest from the fish.

Folks seem to think that dry fly action in the Cumberland Valley has been pretty sparse this winter. Nevertheless, with the recent warm up, you might have a shot at some early stones or BWOs. Letort would probably be your best bet for BWOs. However, if you need to travel a long distance and really have a desire to fish dries, you might care to wait awhile.
Also, note that with trout season closed and the heavy flows right now, the CV limestoners are likely to have a good number of fishermen.

Not much happeneing on FSB. Very spotty.

In a few weeks the Breeches will have Hendricksons and Grannoms. Last year it started a little earlier then usual. The last week of March had some good activity.I believe it will be early April this year but who really knows. I will post when I start to see them.

I stopped by the Run today in BS. There were a few Olives and one black Caddis. Yes a caddis not a stone. A few small fish taking them.

Andre, I was at at Spring Creek last week and Olives were hatching quite strong. Given my experience on the streams you're asking about I'd say yes, the olives are hatching there. They are in the LV too.

Back