Cuttalossa Creek in Bucks County?

D

dubthethorax

I was at Solebury Orchards last weekend with the family for apple picking and noticed a small stream that just looked like a little spring creek that would hold fish. I looked it up and turns it that it's called Cuttalossa Creek, and it's actually being considered as wild trout water on the PFBC site. Looks like it dumps into the DE river after a few miles.

Anyone ever fish it? It's fairly close to my house, and looks challenging so I'm a bit intrigued by it, but not sure if it's worth it.

Most fish are 5-6" but very beautiful. Almost no fishing pressure.

Thanks. What are they? bows, browns, brookies? I'm guessing they wont be too picky on patterns.

It's close to home, looks intriguing, you askled about it and someone said there's fish in it, how about this for a novel idea - TRY IT AND FIND OUT WHAT'S THERE!!!!!!

Or are you waiting for specific GPS coordinates to a few honey holes?

Browns I believe, but most of it is on private property so ask permission to fish and please don't litter. It's private that's why it doesn't get fished much.

Browns mostly and some brooks. Very limited access like Cook's. They aren't pick and any patterns you would used on the Saucon or Cook's would work well.

Decided to check this stream out after my mtn bike ride at high rocks. I checked out a couple spots a little ways up from river road but didn't see much. I got to the intersection of N. Sugan road and Cuttalossa noticed two bridges that both had some small fish that i could see. Water was very clear and the fish were not a skittish as i thought they would be. Brought two to hand on a PT (i think) and both were subsurface. Believe it or not, these are my first trout on a flyrod (just starter this summer) . Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure they are rainbows. Both were in the 3" range.

Looks like you caught a few dace. The trout in the creek aren't much bigger!

I want to say those are face based on the lateral line on the body

A major flash flood event last Fall significantly altered the stream and it's fish. Unfortunately not for the better. Things may return but it will take time.

100% of the stream is on private property, (and posted) so acess is very much an issue.

The fish you caught are creek chubs. The trout in the stream are brown trout only and are closer to the mouth where a spring cools the stream.

Thanks Mike

Back