Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Cross forks renovo area

From Ephrata, PA
Ahhhhhh gotcha! Then I've fished that many times. I guess I dont' consider that a "lake" haha! I was thinking down by Alvin R dam.

That stretch down there is killer smallie water in the summer. That was the first place I ever fly fished for smallies.

Posted on: 2012/11/26 16:31

From LV
It's hardly a lake, in fact we call all these impoundments lakes and they really aren't lakes, they are reservoirs or impoundments. And they nearly always turn cold water streams into warm water streams, because they don't construct them correctly. And what's worse is that many are constructed on DCNR Land.

Posted on: 2012/11/27 14:38

From Ephrata, PA
Word. The water above the "lake" at Ole Bull is considerably better, that's for sure. Have you ever fished below Alvin R Bush? I never went that far down stream.

Posted on: 2012/11/27 17:55

From LV
Below Alvin Bush Dam it is stocked to Owl Hollow. For the record, I don't fish the stocked water on Kettle, and I've never had a bad day of fishing anywhere in the drainage, in spite of the fact it's one of the latest watersheds to warm up in the spring.

Posted on: 2012/11/29 10:03

From Ephrata, PA
I always wondered about it, but never tried it. I'm a bit with you, I tend to fish higher up, althought I do fish the FFO C&R section quite a bit. That's nostalgic for me, though. That is where I learned to fly fish, so stocked or not, its "special" to me.

My family has rented one of those Kettle Creek Cabins there at the interesection of 144 and 44 for over 15 years. I LOVE the stretch of Kettle that flows behind those cabins. My brother and I would walk up that stream for miles and miles some days. Saw lots of bears back in those hills.

Posted on: 2012/11/29 11:01

From LV
Those firsts are always special.

Posted on: 2012/11/29 13:50

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com