Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Crane Creek, MO

From Philadelphia PA
I'm going for a long trip this Saturday to Visit my folks in Springfield MO. I looked up a creek not to far from there I'm going to fly fish....Wish me luck!

If anyone has fished there, let me know of some decent areas to fish.

Posted on: 2013/2/28 20:51
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

Re: Crane Creek, MO

From Clarion co.
I'm suprised to see this stream on here. I have read a lot about it. It was stocked with Mccloud strain rainbow trout in the late 1800's and the fish have thrived ever since. I have read they can grow to well over 20'' . If you could post some pics and a report that would be pretty cool.

Posted on: 2013/3/2 9:57

From Bucks County
I lived in Springfield, MO for years......It's a great stream!! The rainbows there are amazingly gorgeous! I actually plan on hitting that stream this summer in June/Early July! I will PM you some details of the stream!

If you want to just slay some trout....like kill them horribly for some fun you could also check out Roaring River State Park. Also, for shot at some GIANT brown trout check out below the dam at Lake Taneycomo!

Posted on: 2013/3/2 20:24

From Philadelphia PA
Gents...I ended up at Bennett Springs. Which was about 1/2 hour from my parents house. Had a blast catching stockies. I took some photos of the location and the fishery there, but not of what I caught.

Posted on: 2013/3/17 22:12
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com