Black Moshannon area

ROVERT

ROVERT

We're planning a possible camping trip to Black Moshannon sometime in the next couple of weeks. This is an area I've never fished before. I'm thinking of the targeting the Little Juniata and/or Spring Creek. I won't have a lot of time to do exploration with the family in tow so I'd appreciate any guidance.

I think I'd like to try the canyon section of Spring.

The size (length) of the Little Juniata is a little daunting. I've seen that the flows are very low right now and I don't think there is a lot of rain in the forecast. Any hints on what sections might treat me best given these conditions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

you can also fish the black moshannon right there in the park, it's a smaller stream, but has a nice mix of stockies and wild brookies. I always try to stop and fish it while passing through the area. anyplace downstream from the dam, lots of pulloffs along the dirt road, and you probably won't see many folks fishing it.
also, the lake is worth fishing, bass, gills, and a bunch of small pike, rent a kayak and have at em!

Your a bit far from the LJ at Black Moshannon and it's even a hike to Spring Creek. Why not fish the Black Mo and some of its tribs? Or get closer to Bellfonte or State College.

Thanks for the info, everyone. I know it's a bit of a drive to the Little J and Spring but they are both streams I'd really like to try and I'll be a lot closer at Black Moshannon than I am at home.

I do plan on trying out the lake with the kids.

I'll plan on checking out the Black Moshannon as well.

Thanks.

Back