Big Trout Creek - Slatington, Lehigh County

CLSports

CLSports

I am aware that 6.5 miles of this stream is stocked from Lehigh Furnace downstream to the mouth at the Lehigh River. The upper sections are listed on the Nat. Repro. list. Is anyone familiar with the upper sections of this stream? I am curious if any area is open to fishing at all. PM please.

What do you want to know?

Most or all of it is open to fishing because it is stocked. I am unsure of the posting situation above the stocked portion, but there are enough wild browns throughout the stocked section to keep you busy. Biomass is good. Exploring the unstocked section would not be necessary to have a good time with wild trout, but of course it is an option. Hope that helps.

Last time I was there, there was a property posted just below the SGL. It was only a very short distance.

Forgot to mention that between Slatington and Slatedale (perhaps slightly closer to Slatington) the major trib to the stream enters. That trib also has a wild brown trout population, but I have never paid attention to whether or not it is posted.

I would also add that access is pretty easy along the Trout Ck from Slatedale to the mouth due to the presence of a paralleling bicycle path.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like there is plenty of water open to explore.

CL, Shoot me a pm if you want to meet up. I know a few areas.

Also, did you receive my PM?

Save the trout kill the birds!

Nick you're drunk, go home.

My question is, now that it's been added to the Class A list will PFBC stop stocking Trout Creek?

Bwhahahaha

BTW the name is Trout Creek, there is no Big.

There are two Trout Creeks in Lehigh county and I read elsewhere that name being used to differentiate the two.

Big is an adjective in this case, not necessarily part of the official name.

And for what it is worth the PFBC biologist report refers to it as such.

My question is, now that it's been added to the Class A list will PFBC stop stocking Trout Creek?

It is not listed as a Class A. It is on the Nat. Repro list as I mentioned initially.

I remember seeing it on a list of proposed changes to one of the two lists, I'm pretty sure it was the Class A list, and it surprised me. But I am getting a bit forgetful so maybe it wasn't added or it was removed from the changes.

Back