Berks county class a info

Keppenbill

Keppenbill

Just looking for some hatch info on this stream i wont name it out of respect pm me if you wanna help

Well there's so much crap on here back and forth about spot burns its hard to get info

Point well taken! I was just messing with ya. The real shame is the lost info on what was Stream Locations. The new forum will just have to build itself up over time.

Spot burning is all a scam. Can't help with at least a location, town or stream name. I've fished plenty of Berks streams, and I'm always willing to share, but there's a negative element on this board that doesn't want people naming any stream. It's a very different place now then it was 5 or 10 years agos. IT's gone downhill because of the complaints about spot burning.

There are strong feelings on both sides, which is why the goal of PAFF is to quiet this bickering. Consider when making a post about stream information whether it would not be better overall to not comment about "the controversy." If you want to ask, ask; if you want to answer, answer, and then leave it at that even if someone else snarks in one way or another.

I know spot burning is a problem, but I agree that an information page is a good idea. I live in Berks and just to answer the original question, an Isonychia nymph is about the best you can get right now, about a size #16. I also like to work a Zug Bug in almost a streamer like action, produces some pretty vicious hits. Caddis pupa are also prevalent in many streams around here, a #16 Rockroller is never a bad choice.

I'm with you Chaz,the board was more fun back in the day.People get too serious any more,after all it is only fishing,lighten up and enjoy.

I wish i was fishing back then im just looking to meet people and have a good time fishing

Let's start with where do you live, is it Berks Cty? Do you want to fish stocked water or wild streams? How about a town?

Sorry I missed you on the stream today, Keppenbill. You know, the stream that runs through a park in Wyomis.....oh crap. Anyway, tan caddis seemed to work just fine today! At least from 11am to 3pm, it was working nicely. Wish I could have made it out earlier.

If I assume correctly with the hint to location. This cool place isn't much of a secret anyway lol. I had a great experience a few years ago during a trico spinner-fall. I tried a sinking trike pattern for the first time which I had just read about.. awesome!

Seriously, this whole spot burning debate is ridiculous. I've stated where I stand many times, and don't care to repeat it. But the differing opinions and the bickering do indeed take something away from the forum.

If it were up to me, I'd make the stream locations forum viewable by members only, like the OT board, and be done with it.

Word.

Seriously, the Wyomissing is hardly a secret. I've seen it mentioned on this board countless times. I appreciate the OP discretion, but it is what it is. Any internet search will turn up many posts about the stream from this site.

I ran into several nice fishermen today. All spin fishermen, many fathers and sons, grandfathers, grandsons, that kind of touchy feely crap. Nice folks. Many of them were interested in seeing how fly fishing would produce on the stream. One guy had never even seen a fly rod up close. We talked for a little bit about the benefits of fly fishing, and about the excitement of watching a trout slam a dry. Good times. I always like fishing there. You get two kinds of comments. The first are from other fishermen as I described, the second are from people who seem shocked that there are actually trout in the stream!

I never really used to give a turd about spot burning. But I must admit, this particular stream sees more pressure today than it did a year ago... a lot more. I live 3 blocks from this stream, and know it well. I absolutely see more pressure after posts on here mention the stream. I never used to believe that something like that could really influence pressure on the stream until I spoke with a spin fisherman I met on the stream who told me he found out about the stream on this site. In addition, many of the larger fish are being taken from the stream. I have seen it myself. Take it for what it's worth. I'm with Pat. I wouldn't mind seeing the the stream reports and such on the members only section.

Oh I absolutely think that the stream reports and the fly fishing location forums should be viewable by registered users only.

The question for me is, what do we do, given that is not the case? I hate to hear stories like the one you just shared, Zen, so what do we do w/ it?

And maybe we should move this to the OT forum or something, or discuss via PMs, I don't know. I just don't want to work against what Jack said.

Isn't Wyomissing Creek off limits to fishing to non residents. Could have swore it was part of Berks County Conservancy and there are signs placed along the stream and park that only allow residents to use the stream and park area. If that is the case it is not a good idea to draw attention to the stream.

Back