Articulated Streamers

easternfly

easternfly

Does anyone know a good location to fish with articulated streamers in my area?

Kevin

Anywhere you can find water 1' deep or deeper. You might be shocked at what comes after your fly.

Do you have a particular spot on the Yough. The only place I have been to so far there is Suttersville.

Kevin

I will agree with fish them anywhere. I have a buddy who fishes them all the time. We joke with him they either scare the fish away or force them to hit. Of course the fish that hit them are the good ones. Not a tactic for numbers or if you don't have patience, but it brings up the few trophies.

Kevin,

I prefer the water from the outflow of the Yough dam down to Ohiopyle. It is relatively large water though, so you will want to approach with some degree of caution and keep an eye out on the flows. There are definitely some large trout that will take big streamers in that stretch.

All rumors :lol:

I fish artics in all larger streams. I watched Kelly Galloup take large browns from Rapid Creek in SD with a 4" Peanut envy. Rapid Creek is only 12-20' across and 1-4' deep. He pounds undercut banks for large meat eaters. I tie #8 3x and fish them in medium to large streams in the east with good success.

Back