Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Anybody Fished White Clay this summer?

From Media Pa
I am heading there tomorrow as I have a business appointment in Newark De at 1:30PM. Last report I saw was Van Clever in June.

Posted on: 2013/8/10 18:47

Re: Anybody Fished White Clay this summer?

From Chester County
It's probably way to warm for trout at this point, just my opinion.

Posted on: 2013/8/10 21:15

From Media Pa
After I concluded my business in Newark DE it was too late to fish White Clay. But I did drive to the bridge on London Tract Road to get a look see. There were very large trout on both sides of the bridge which amazed me. Not suckers unless suckers come out of the water. Duh. Plus suckers don't dart and wiggle like trout. I took the water temp from the bridge with my infra red and it was 73 degrees. To say the least i was more than surprised. But given that Van Cleaver's June report was the last mention of WC maybe its a case of lack of pressure.

Posted on: 2013/8/11 17:40

From Media Pa
PS Looks like Stocktoberfest to me!

Posted on: 2013/8/11 23:03

From Media Pa
But then again we could have the ultimate spot burn Stocktoberfest on Valley!!!!!!

Posted on: 2013/8/11 23:05

From King Of Prussia, Pa
Will there be stoneflies?

Posted on: 2013/8/11 23:34

From Media Pa
Wise Ass. PS I did catch a "Bow" in Valley this year. Go figure.

Posted on: 2013/8/11 23:36

From Media, PA
fade, my De buddy fished it (White Clay) a few times after my last report and caught trout every time. I don't think he's been there for a least a few weeks though. On the plus side, there were plenty of trout, but that was before our August weather in July... Considering how much rain we've been getting and the fact that we're now getting late Sept. weather, conditions are pretty favorable for some hold overs IMO. I'd give it a try on a cool AM if I wasn't so busy. (playing a gig at Fells Point MD tomorrow). I saw a couple nice smallmouths and my fried caught a nice one too. There are always a nice assortment of colorful sunfish to go with.

Posted on: 2013/8/16 22:44

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com