A place to stay between Waterville and Cedar Run?

K

KY-Abe

Hey,
Me and a buddy are going to go do some fishing in the Slate Run area and we haven't been out there for about 10 years. Do you know of any good inexpensive place to stay for a few nights?
Thanks!

BradFromPotter wrote:
These are 2 places, one on Slate Run & the other at Cedar Run

http://www.hotel-manor.com/index.html

http://www.pavisnet.com/cedarruninn/

Hotel Manor has GREAT food!

QFT. Manor Inn is the best.

Back country tent camping all over the area.

Hotel Manor, I just did a 2 day trip and everything there was first class.

Withing walking distance of all of the delayed harvest area.

We used to stay at the Manor back when Jim and Alice ran it...great people! I think we paid $15 a night to stay there...haha
I know we won't find prices like that anywhere anymore but the Manor is way out of our price range now.
We are looking for something a little more reasonable...don't need anything fancy...we won't spend much time there.
Thanks for the help.

Two places you could try are Happy Acres campgound, which is about 5 minutes up Little Pine Creek Rd from Waterville, and Petticoat Junction campground - it's a short cast from where Cedar dumps into Pine. They may have cabins or trailers for rent.

Another (and better) option would be to contact Glenn at McConnell's Country Store Fly Shop. They're in Waterville, and Glenn has good connections for reasonable lodging close by. He generously supports lots of events here on PAFF - I can't recommend him and his fly shop highly enough. IMO, he's your best bet.

I stay at Pettecote Junction Campground when I go up. It's right on Pine Creek and near Slate and Cedar Run. It gets crowded with canoers and kayakers, but I don't spend much time at the campground while I'm there.

KY-Abe wrote:
We used to stay at the Manor back when Jim and Alice ran it...great people! I think we paid $15 a night to stay there...haha
I know we won't find prices like that anywhere anymore but the Manor is way out of our price range now.
We are looking for something a little more reasonable...don't need anything fancy...we won't spend much time there.
Thanks for the help.

Unless you bring a tent & camp in the State Forest I don't think you'll find anything in your price range near Slate & Cedar. I think Sandfly rents rooms for $5 up in Ansonia.

BradFromPotter wrote:
KY-Abe wrote:
Thanks for the help.

Unless you bring a tent & camp in the State Forest I don't think you'll find anything in your price range near Slate & Cedar. I think Sandfly rents rooms for $5 up in Ansonia.

Yup.......just take out the toon.... :-o

Attachments

• Sandy's B&B.jpg
    Sandy's B&B.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 4
In that case, I saw a sign for the Pine Creek Inn with rooms for real cheap.

I assume you'll be fishing all day, so a place just to clean up and lay your head will prolly do.

Check it out. I'm sure you can find the number online.

Wife and I took the pop-up to Petticoat Junction last year. I thought they had cabins to rent. Showers require quarters so bring those along if you hit it. We are planning to backpack and tent camp in the area this year...cant beat the price.

Jason...I do know of a place that we can stay pretty cheap but doesn't have a shower...so looking at your post I was wondering...can anyone go into the Petticoat Junction camp ground and take a shower? How is it set up there...never been there.
Thanks!

Back