Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Yough River Gas Well Trouble?

From Johnstown, PA
albud1962.............where in the Mechanicsburg area was there a fishkill? I'm not rying to be a smartass , it's just that after moving back out west here i don't get the news on stuff like that and i'm really concerned and interested in what happens in all of our states waters and woods , was the problem in the Susky? or was it a smaller water like the Conodoguinnet or Breeches? I'd appreciate any info , thanks.

Posted on: 2010/8/17 7:13

Re: Yough River Gas Well Trouble?

albud, did you mean on the Yough?

There was a fish kill right below where these guys are taking water in Dawson at the beginning of the summer: my brother discovered and reported it, but when he heard back he was told that there was no way to determine what exactly had caused these fish to die. Apparently--for roughly 300 yards--on the bank just below the put-in at Dawson, there were lots of dead fish. Suckers, carp, bass, bait fish, etc . . .

I was at the Dawson ramp the other day putting a boat in and passed nine trucks waiting in line for water. There were already four loading up. I spoke with one of the drivers and he said that they were running water for this outfit 24 hours a day and that each truck held 4,000 gallons of water.

But

I will say that I haven't seen any noticeable impact on the fish or the fishing down there this summer. Nevertheless, best to keep a watchful eye.

Posted on: 2010/8/23 10:46

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
95 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com