TU Lackawanna Valley

wetnet

wetnet

Went to my first TU Lackawanna Valley Chapter meeting. This chapter covers from the best of my knowledge the Lackawanna River, the Tunkannock and rivers included in Lackawanna, wyoming and hopefully susquehanna county. I was extremely impressed with what everyone had to offer and I think it will be an amazing addition to the other TU chapters. Definitely sounds like it will be a positively supported group with lots to offer. Glad I went. I doubt I'll miss a meeting.

Good for you Wetnet.....and good for the fish and streams in NE PA.

Don't forget the nice wild trout freestone streams flowing off the mountains south of Scranton / Wilkes-Barre!

Sorry we don't go south of Wikesbarre. The Wilkesbarre area is supported by the Stanley Cooper Chapter and south of that is another chapter I'm guessing in Monroe county. Pike county also has a chapter but Susquehanna county's chapter is being eliminated and I believe we'll be covering it as well. Lots of new stuff going on. We have so many resources, the Lackawanna River Corridor and I think we can combine our efforts with the rails to trails project as well. Right now I'm just sitting tight and listening allot.

Are the meeting times always the same? I live in Dunmore and would love to get involved, but unfortunately so far I have had night classes every time there is a meeting.

They are probably going to be Tuesday night at 7pm. If you would like I can address it with the board. Just because you can't make the meetings doesn't mean you can't be involved. What you do need to do is be a member of TU. If you're not then you can stop at the Orvis Store and pick up an application or sign up on line. Also Greg at Orvis is a member and he can catch you up as to what's going on. We are known as the Lackawanna valley chapter. I can get you added to the email and mailing list if you want. Send me a PM and I can give you some contact information.

Next meeting the 20th.

Back