Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Trout Unlimited is a "fringe environmental group"

From E-Town and Germania
At least according to one of our fine state legislators...

link

Posted on: 2/23 17:58

Re: Trout Unlimited is a "fringe environmental group"

Wouldn't expect anything less from Corbett's goosestepping zombies. Conservation & resource management isn't a concept they can grasp. To them it's all about recreation as consumption.

Posted on: 2/23 18:21

From Mont Co, Pa
All I can say is Corbett has to go. He surely doesn't have the better interest of the enviornment in mind. He's an oil/gas guy, it's that simple. Can't stand him!

Posted on: 2/23 18:59

From Lambertville
It makes sense to me. They are taking TU at face value. I mean how many legislators are interested in trout fishing? They are ignoring the environmental benefits effected by TU and similar groups.

They need to study Teddy Roosevelt.

Posted on: 2/23 19:04

House Game and Fisheries meeting vid is here.

Posted on: 2/23 19:13

As a Republican, I do not think we have anyone who can unseat potential Two-term Tom. But, Democrats, surely you can come up with someone who can defeat this pawn of the Marcellus drilling corps.

Posted on: 2/23 20:40

^ Jay Paterno...

Posted on: 2/23 21:27
"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach

From Pittsburgh
Contact your state reps. Tell them how you feel. They work for you. You'd be surprised what a few phone calls and emails can do. Corbett isn't any worse than Rendell was. The legislature is who you want to lean on.

Posted on: 2/23 21:35

From Gettysburg
This has been discussed at some length here. Basically it starts at Post #36. I've made my views known in this previous thread.

Posted on: 2/23 21:48

From Newville, PA
I took the time to send our Gov Corbett and email concerning his horrid environmental record. This is one republican who will be voting democrat this fall. The election cannot happen soon enough.

Posted on: 2/23 23:43

From LV
It's not just Corbett, it's the entire Republican party, it thinks that resources are there for their friends to consume, the environment be damned.
I don't like 'corbett the corrupt' and will vote for a Democrat. But I also think the legislature needs to be vote out. And they need term limitations.

Posted on: 2/24 11:21

From Lancaster Co.
Quote:

turkey wrote:
Contact your state reps. Tell them how you feel. They work for you. You'd be surprised what a few phone calls and emails can do. Corbett isn't any worse than Rendell was. The legislature is who you want to lean on.

I would surmise that's exactly what the pro-stocking crowd has been doing. If your constituents are calling you complaining that the PF&BC is placing streams on the Class A list and no longer stocking them and they aren't going to buy a license as a result do you only have an issue with this if you're a Republican?

I watched some of the meeting on PCN. I was shocked at how pro-stocking the legislators that I saw question Arway were but again, if they believe that the people who put them in office want this, what are they going to do? Tell them to pound sand?

Posted on: 2/24 11:43

From harlansburg
it's one thing to listen to your constituents, it's another to ignore sound scientific facts and make poor environmental decisions. While on one hand the reps are in place to do as the people say, they are also there to safeguard our resources(read the state constitution!) for future generations.
It's all about me me me, the hell with the consequences.

bottom line, most people are selfish pigs, and most of the gov is elected from this group.

seems we have learned NOTHING from the past mistakes.

Posted on: 2/24 16:18

From Lewistown
At work we go by the saying ABC 2014.

(Anybody But Corbett 2014)

Posted on: 2/24 17:01

From harlansburg
I think it's Tom Wolf saying he will push for a severance tax on the gas industry.
It's a start.
now we need to see if he knows what a trout is.

Posted on: 2/24 17:09

(1) 2 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com