Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Sucking it Dry

From Nicholson PA
Not just the gov, A bank wants to put in the fourth water station.

Posted on: 2011/3/8 15:30

From Pittsburgh
I posted it before and everyone called me conspiracy theorist. But it is very possible that the discontinuation of the USGS stream flow monitors has something to do with these gas companies. just like melvin said, "you're not doing anything wrong if it can't be proven."

Posted on: 2011/3/13 13:46

From SE PA
Quote:

Hammerhead81 wrote:
I posted it before and everyone called me conspiracy theorist. But it is very possible that the discontinuation of the USGS stream flow monitors has something to do with these gas companies. just like melvin said, "you're not doing anything wrong if it can't be proven."

I don't think so. The gauge funding has been an issue for a few years. A couple years ago some gauges were dropped and others found funding from state/local agencies. Also the gauge funding is not a Pennsylvania or MS only issue. It is nationwide.

Posted on: 2011/3/14 10:46

From Other side of the tracks
Quote:

osprey wrote:
I was under the impression that all ATW is off limits , but if they can sneak they will , if a driver is told to do something not "kosher" they will do it 'cause it's their job and they have mouths to feed , can't lay the blame on them , it's the guy who gave the order we want. Put his azz in JAIL.

I would speculate that ATWs are less likely to be off limits to this compared to trout streams that are not stocked.

And as a response to the OP, the standard mineral rights lease that I saw stipulates that the drilling company can take water from the leased property. i don't remember the exact words, and I don't have a copy available. For those of you intending to sign a lease and also have ponds and wells, you need to be aware of that. You can change that clause to your liking before you sign.

Posted on: 2011/3/16 6:45

From Johnstown, PA
Hammerhead.......you may be right!!! The Marcellus shale has been evident to the gas companies for a long time , don't believe that the dissapearance of the gauges has NOTHING to do with IT. In the 70's the gas companies did extensive exploration in this area and the plan has been put together ever since. How hard would it be to make it LOOK like a funding issue , in THESE times? I personally don't trust "THEM" Call me a Conspiracy Theorist , i don't care. Instead of a Blindfolded Fly Tying Contest , i could show the folks how to set up a production line to make tire jacks at the Jam. lol "THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE"

Posted on: 2011/3/16 7:07

Quote:

osprey wrote:
Hammerhead.......you may be right!!! The Marcellus shale has been evident to the gas companies for a long time , don't believe that the dissapearance of the gauges has NOTHING to do with IT. In the 70's the gas companies did extensive exploration in this area and the plan has been put together ever since. How hard would it be to make it LOOK like a funding issue , in THESE times? I personally don't trust "THEM" Call me a Conspiracy Theorist , i don't care. Instead of a Blindfolded Fly Tying Contest , i could show the folks how to set up a production line to make tire jacks at the Jam. lol "THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE"

OK. You are a Conspiracy Theorist. Ya happy now?

Posted on: 2011/3/16 7:50

From Johnstown, PA
Brother Dave....it bothers my old azz to be old and incapacitated and kind of having to sit back and watch what is happening and not be able to DO anything about it , when i was most of these young pups age i would have KNOWN what to do without getting on a f ing computer and crying about it.

Posted on: 2011/3/16 8:11

Osprey, "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" Jack Nicholson in some stupid movie.

My previous joke may have been out of line. If so I apologize. but you did tell us to call you that.

You might be old and incapacitated now compared to what you once were, but even when that was not the case, there was only so much any one individual could do before ending up in jail.

The truth may be out there, but nobody really knows what the truth is anymore and many wouldn't believe the truth if it hit them right between the eyes.

There is nothing wrong with discussing this. It might even move us closer to the truth. Who knows.

Posted on: 2011/3/16 8:32

From Nicholson PA
What can be done,Hoo do you complain to,Well guess what no state or local goverment is lhearing you,They dont care.Come and see for your self millions of gallons are leaving everyday and mostly at night when DOT,EPA,DER are sleeping.Get real people it just plain greed!IF you were stuiped enought to sigh your get what you deserved but what about the rest of us that looked past the new truck and didnt sigh are screwed.John Edward Rogers!

Posted on: 2011/3/17 14:25

From Nicholson PA
I sorry but i just dont know what to do,Im watching my home going from a nice quite area with trees and deer to none stop truck traffic and pipe lines everwhere.If you are in an area that the drills are not in yet please take a good look first before you start shopping,I can tell you first hand that know one has goten what they were promised and a hole lot of they didnt have any idea about.Check out a gas well being burnt off or try 10 in a 20 mile ring.Too many people are saying that you cant do anything anyway so why bother Tell that to are forfathers about freedom.But now remenber that you will be a terrorist.

Posted on: 2011/3/17 14:46

From harlansburg
but it's called progress!! supposed to be a good thing. you know, jobs and that!
I call it BS.

Posted on: 2011/3/17 16:38

From Johnstown, PA
melvin..........you're not doing anything wrong if it can't be proven. I'm feeling for you man , if my property was threatened i'd do what i had to do.......TU black ops? If we the people were to cop the same "I don't give a flop" attitude towards them as they cop towards us and our property , one thing for sure , we will NOT be treated the same. Think about that.

Posted on: 2011/3/18 5:53

From Nicholson PA
Small battle won Nicholson boro says no to water pick up site,Either court or different site planned.still millions of gallons leaving everday from other locations.YOU WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO WATER GAS IN ARIZONA WITH THIS WATER BUT PUMPING IT UNDER GROUND IS OK!!!!!

Posted on: 2011/3/25 15:16

I'm nearing the Black OPs point. haha. It deeply concerns me with the direction that man is leading the environment. I'm realizing as I get older that these operations aren't as innocent as "the good folks who provide our homes and families with resources".

I grew up in the country and saw the wells come in and clutter the landscape. There's not that many farms left there that don't have a gas well in their field. Now I live in the city and I'm surrounded by people who are either clueless or just don't care that they're are destroying the environment. They're even putting wells in down here in Pittsburgh. Great, put active gas wells in a place where they are surrounded by people's homes.

I've recently heard an ad on the radio that has me disgusted. The ad is trying to get people to stand against the actions that the EPA is taking to regulate Greenhouse gas emissions. It's saying that the EPA's move will cost jobs and hurt the economy. How do you pit the economy against the environment? What good is an economy when there's no environment for it to function in? Really, the economy? Why don't they just say "Hey, the EPA is gonna hurt how much $$$ we make and we need to stop them"

I'm a great lover of nature and the outdoors. It troubles me to see people who don't enjoy it just destroy it. The destruction of the environment that we need to live in is pretty offensive if you ask me. Why should those offended stay so docile? Oh, that's right... Well paid, kevlar suited, police armed with guns, tazers, attack dogs, knife sticks, and pepper spray that will follow orders to take them to jail or fine them. The whole "terrorist" label really has become convenient for those in charge.

It is good to see that there are others out there who are concerned too. It's time for me to get more involved.

Posted on: 2011/3/28 0:27

From Nicholson PA
Its preety easy to get your name on a goverment watch list so do not go to any pipe line meetings,Water converation seminars or look out commity meeting.Real nice huh.When did we start being the bad guys,Oh when the politians got involved.

Posted on: 2011/3/29 12:17

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
83 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
2 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com