PennEnvironment

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
Just FYI. PennEnvironment is a citizens group dedicated to protecting PAs streams and rivers and air and forests.

Here is a link for those interested:

http://www.pennenvironment.org/page/pae/about-pennenvironment

They are a little extreme. They are 100% against any and all development for natural resources it seems. Sorry but that's a lot of jobs that if lost would put this state in a world of hurt.

MHanes wrote:
They are a little extreme. They are 100% against any and all development for natural resources it seems. Sorry but that's a lot of jobs that if lost would put this state in a world of hurt.

Where have you read anything like that?

Here is a list of the programs they support:

http://www.pennenvironment.org/issues

Which programs are you against?

The Repower Pennsylvania plan is a joke.

or you can just believe the #censor# the gas companies tell everyone, because, you know, they don't lie!!!
the truth lies in the middle, best to pay attention to ALL sides and learn everything you can, only an IDIOT follows blindly what he is told.

The crap flies from both sides.

The Repower PA is a joke.

It's interesting that on their site they have a section promoting wind and solar power and advocating for renewed credits for them. Following that is a section asking who pays for the costs of fracking. I would ask who pays the costs for subsidizing wind and solar?

BTW, read in interesting study showing that solar power actually contributes to global warming. In fact so does planting trees.

franklin wrote:
It's interesting that on their site they have a section promoting wind and solar power and advocating for renewed credits for them. Following that is a section asking who pays for the costs of fracking. I would ask who pays the costs for subsidizing wind and solar?

BTW, read in interesting study showing that solar power actually contributes to global warming. In fact so does planting trees.

Wow! Talk about a perverted version of conservation.

Fracking injects harmful chemicals into the ground to extract fossil fuels that when burned emit CO2 gas and other harmful pollutants and the oil and gas industries make > $100 billion in profit per year selling it.

Wind and solar provide energy that is clean, self sustaining and cheap in the long term.

Which of the two alternatives would it make sense for our government subsidize and promote. :lol:

I won't even comment on your statement that solar power power and planting trees contribute to global warming.:roll:

The only good thing I take from your post is that at least you ADMIT there even is "global warming / climate change." That's is a (baby) step in the right direction.:-?

afishinado wrote:
franklin wrote:

Wow! Talk about a perverted version of conservation.

Fracking injects harmful chemicals into the ground to extract fossil fuels that when burned emit CO2 gas and other harmful pollutants and the oil and gas industries make > $100 billion in profit per year selling it.

Wind and solar provide energy that is clean, self sustaining and cheap in the long term.

Which of the two alternatives would it make sense for our government subsidize and promote. :lol:

I won't even comment on your statement that solar power power and planting trees contribute to global warming.:roll:

The only good thing I take from your post is that at least you ADMIT there even is "global warming / climate change." That's is a (baby) step in the right direction.:-?

Many fracking fluids are potentially harmful if they are mishandled or in rare cases when a casing leaks. There are some fracking fluids available which are harmful to the environment if spilled, leaked, etc.

The average tree absorbs more heat than the supposed benefit from the carbon it sequesters. Similarly solar cells absorb more heat than the benefit they supposedly provide by producing power without CO2 emissions. Efficiency would have to improve significantly before the net offset is positive.

The government should not be subsidizing any for of energy. Their history of making the right decisions is abysmal. Not to mention the corruption that usually takes part in the process.

As to global warming, well I'm still waiting for that hockey stick. CO2 is a factor in the earth's heat transfer equation. But water vapor and methane are larger contributors and not close to being accurately modeled.

Back