News about the Battenkill

Fredrick

Fredrick

I you didn't like Orvis before you will probally feel different after reading this article.... :pint:

http://mainefishingtoday.com/blog/?p=391

I have always liked Orvis and I am not a high-end fly angler at all. One of the reasons has been that they do tend to support worthy causes such as the one you mention. The other reason is that despite the fact that I am very frugal in my buying habits, they have always treated me like gold through their customer service.

On the other hand, they've partnered with one of those "own your own trout stream" real estate services. :-( Boo

Not stocking the Batten Kill is a good thing, Spelling Batten Kill wrong is not a good thing, and worrying about restoring brown trout is not a good thing. Who cares whether the habitat won't support brown trout, if it supports brookies that is a very good thing. I've seen pictures of the brookies present in the Batten Kill, they seem to be plentiful and big. I'm not anti brown trout, but I can't see how you can talk about restoring a non native trout population. IMHO, if it supports brookies, then I say you should worry about that fishery.

Back