Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: New road stuff.

From Johnstown, PA
My last vehicle was a 95 Ford f-150 truck it's showin it's age. Last summer i bought an 08 Chevy Trail Blazer , the amount of plastic in the new one is what surprised me , but goes right along with what Pcray said.

Posted on: 2013/2/4 10:26

From SE Pa
Quote:
The waterways in SEPA are much cleaner now then they were 30yrs ago and it's not even debatable

I guess you are correct.

The smallmouth are almost gone. many fish have odd black spots all over them, even those caught from drinking supply sources. In the Fall, ponds & reservoirs reek of dead algae & scum from all the phospates & other stuff. The advisories to not eat fish make up a large portion of the Commission's regulations. People get strange lesions and infections when they wade without waders. Invasive slime makes it necessary but unwise to use felt waders. Water levels fluctuate more because of increased demand. The govt lays down salt a day in advance of bad weather just in case.

I'm trying to think which of those were the case in the 1960 & 70s when people used tire chains and I only wore waders when the water got cold. But I always had to wear long pants to wade because the bluegills would peck at the hair on my legs.

Oh, and I forgot Delaware stuff like .....

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/i ... rash_line_delaware_r.html

I collect trash in the winter from along streams - because in the winter the nasty stuff growing in the cans is hopefully dead - I get 3 times more junk than I did years ago.

It's much better than is was; I know it's true because the government has people employed who's job depends on them telling me so. And their bosses jobs depend on them saying that too.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 9:59

From Portage, PA
I work for the enemy in some cases. Look up accu-brine systems. My company had been installing them for a while. It is a brine mixture as said before. I am pretty sure you need gloves and goggle and other safety equipment just to handle the stuff so imagine what that does as it flows into our streams.

I also design the trucks that are used in marcellus shale. I have to support the fam but every time i start designing i feel bad knowing this thing could be damaging something i love. SUX!

Posted on: 2013/2/9 20:26

From Up in the Mountain
I don't know what that stuff is but if it is the same stuff they use in Garrett county Maryland, I've seen that stuff rot the spring shackles off trucks. Spring shackles are fairly thick metal.

Posted on: 2013/2/9 22:17

From Johnstown, PA
tig..........why do i have the idea that you might be a welder? All kidding aside , almost everyone i know who makes a living either working on cars , trucks , anything metal that comes into contact with this "New" road mix , that is sprayed on as a liquid before an approaching snowstorm , they all say that corrosion has gotten worse since they started using it.

Posted on: 2013/2/13 8:09

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com