Legacy Sediment Presentation at DTU

C

crs5942

I wanted to let everyone know that the Donegal TU online calendar says that Dorothy Merritts will be presenting the "Legacy sediment" research done at Franklin and Marshall College and the subsequent impacts for floodplain restoration in the Piedmont Region. This will be on Wednesday, 1/19/11. I was lucky enough to participate in some of this research when I was in college. Anyone that belongs to DTU should attend if they really want to understand floodplain restoration. I do not know if outside members are allowed to come, but if you are interested I would contact the chapter ASAP and see if you can also attend. I presented the research several years ago, but unfortunately the turnout was not overly high. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. TU members should not even consider low-head dam removal until they understand the implications from the "Legacy Sediment" research.

Donegal TU

DTU January Meeting

Date: February 16, 2011
Time: 7:00 pm

Jeffrey Deitrich, Penn State University "State of the Brook Trout: Are Wild Brook Trout Enhancement Regulations Working?"

I would really love to attend this but work hours do not allow it.

Id also love to attend Dorothy Merritts presentation but the same rules apply.
2nd shift sucks.

The legacy sediment stuff is very interesting. I'd go if I could, but it's a long drive from here.

Can you convince her to drive up to State College to make a presentation?

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
Date: February 16, 2011
Time: 7:00 pm

Jeffrey Deitrich, Penn State University "State of the Brook Trout: Are Wild Brook Trout Enhancement Regulations Working?"

Has anyone seen this program, and if so could you give a brief summary?

Back