Lancaster County - Tucquan Glen

wgmiller

wgmiller

Interesting article on perhaps too much 'love' for nature: http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/239748

Blame the internet. Someone must have posted a trail report. Spread out the pressure and "out" every nature trail in the vicinity.

I was there recently and to be honest, from what I saw, most of the pressure was from kids and there were pretty many candy wrappers and drink bottles. Less when we left though.

The preserve should chartge $5.00 per car at the lot and then use the money to pay people to clean up or a perosn to patrol and fine litterers. Both would reduce the crowds, soften the impact on the neighbors and help the ecology of the park.

They could use the excess revenue to subsidize new land purchases to continue the distruction of our natural areas. I think?

How about giving a bag (not throwaway plastic bags the reusable kind) to everyone entering. When exiting the bag should be full of trash, if not charge the $5.

Its funny, Jack. I forgot that when we got there a couple a couple pulled up and said they were looking for this place called 7 rivers or 7 springs or something. When they described what they read on the internet, Nomo told them that it was in fact the place.
They were from New Jersey. :)
My biggest fear there is sooner or later someone is going to get hurt and hurt good there. I cant believe it hasnt happened yet.

Squaretail,

The name you're thinking of is 7 Streams, and it's a beautiful place. Too bad freaking hogs deposit their trash everywhere.

What really gets me fired up occurs at the pond I fish at. There are trash cans all around the pond. At least 8 of them. But do you think people use them?

Yesterday I cleaned up huge birdnest of mono and two empty cigarette packs, not 30 feet from the nearest trashcan.

This is why public (and private) areas suddenly become Posted land.

Back