Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Holy gas wells Batman!!

From North Central PA
I knew my county had a lot of wells. But I was shocked to see this table!!

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2011/8/2 16:38

Re: Holy gas wells Batman!!

From North Central PA
My freakin' county has the blue POX!!

Posted on: 2011/8/2 21:07

From Nicholson PA
You cant buy a cream for that but you can buy a politican.LOL or not.

Posted on: 2011/8/3 9:10

From Greensburg, PA
I like THIS MAP. You can zoom right into them.

Posted on: 2011/8/3 20:33

From harlansburg
cool map Tom, I'd like it to be a little more up to date, there are some wells that are being drilled near me that aren't on there yet.

Posted on: 2011/8/4 7:01

From The Beaver
Here is a link to the signed leases in my county.

http://beavercountian.com/content/fea ... ellus-shale-beaver-county

Posted on: 2011/8/4 10:30

From North Central PA
That's just leases! When and if you start to get that many wells.... not good.

Posted on: 2011/8/4 13:38

From The Beaver
Very true jjsjigs. I don't understand how some of these people have signed leases living in neighborhoods where the homes are in close proximity to one another. I haven't had the time to research how it works either. But I just don't see how they could have a lease on a < 1/4 acre plot?

Posted on: 2011/8/4 15:56

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Quote:
I don't understand how some of these people have signed leases living in neighborhoods where the homes are in close proximity to one another. I haven't had the time to research how it works either. But I just don't see how they could have a lease on a < 1/4 acre plot?

Could you be mixing up leases for gas extraction vs. lease for a well pad?

Bore hole is horizontal. It may go UNDER your property (requiring a lease) without having a surface well pad ON your property.

Posted on: 2011/8/4 16:55

From The Beaver
Quote:

pcray1231 wrote:
Quote:
I don't understand how some of these people have signed leases living in neighborhoods where the homes are in close proximity to one another. I haven't had the time to research how it works either. But I just don't see how they could have a lease on a < 1/4 acre plot?

Could you be mixing up leases for gas extraction vs. lease for a well pad?

Bore hole is horizontal. It may go UNDER your property (requiring a lease) without having a surface well pad ON your property.

And the light comes on! Thanks pcray.....I'm not sure why I didn't think of that but I didn't. I even know they go horizontal but brain farted putting the two together. Even at that I guess it's just odd to me to see someone with a 150' x150' plot singing a gas lease...even if they have mineral rights.

Posted on: 2011/8/5 10:03

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Each pad may have 12 wells on it, each hole going over a mile horizontally in one direction. Combined they spread out in a "wheel spoke" fashion from the pad. So, a single pad essentially drains gas from everything within a mile radius in every direction.

Can you imagine how many properties you go under to do that? And you pretty much need a lease from every property owner, or else that particular well won't happen (leaving out a spoke).

In such situations with small plots, you can imagine the pressure from the neighbors? Any one of them on your "spoke" doesn't sign, and that particular bore hole doesn't happen, and none of them get royalties (the signing bonus is often a small part of the $). Yet they're gonna put the dang pad down anyway and run the other 11 spokes. All of the trouble with none of the $ all cause Jim Bob here won't sign. Yet, Jim Bob may have a tiny plot and it makes sense for him, as his royalties are miniscule.

Traffic, road wear, and tearing communities apart were and remain my biggest concerns.

Posted on: 2011/8/5 10:28

From SWPA
Quote:
Traffic, road wear, and tearing communities apart were and remain my biggest concerns.

The tearing communities apart that you speak of is real, and it is sad.

Posted on: 2011/8/5 11:39

From SWPA
Quote:

pcray1231 wrote:
Each pad may have 12 wells on it, each hole going over a mile horizontally in one direction. Combined they spread out in a "wheel spoke" fashion from the pad. So, a single pad essentially drains gas from everything within a mile radius in every direction.

Can you imagine how many properties you go under to do that? And you pretty much need a lease from every property owner, or else that particular well won't happen (leaving out a spoke).

In such situations with small plots, you can imagine the pressure from the neighbors? Any one of them on your "spoke" doesn't sign, and that particular bore hole doesn't happen, and none of them get royalties (the signing bonus is often a small part of the $). Yet they're gonna put the dang pad down anyway and run the other 11 spokes. All of the trouble with none of the $ all cause Jim Bob here won't sign. Yet, Jim Bob may have a tiny plot and it makes sense for him, as his royalties are miniscule.

that's the exact reason the industry is pushing for forced pooling. To keep that from happening.

The biggest negative issue I have a hard time reconciling in my job is with the aesthetics, the view etc, they buy this perfect piece of land for the view and they get a compressor station next to them...but what if it would be a pig farm. still stinks, not great to look at. I think a lot of us are pretty naive in thinking that the world won't change on us part way through life. It happens.

There are a lot of people that want to work and would like their kids to be able to stay around home, that would seem to be a big upside to the industry.

Posted on: 2011/8/6 7:13

From Greensburg, PA
..are you saying forcing people to lease is going to make them all happy?

Posted on: 2011/8/6 12:07

From harlansburg
Big industry forcing people to do things against their will, just great.

Posted on: 2011/8/6 16:51

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
125 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com