Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Cumberland Valley TU Boiling Springs Project

From Hanover, PA
Saw this on WGAL. Nice work CVTU! I fish that section multiple times of the year.

http://www.wgal.com/news/susquehanna- ... 80/-/g76ts1z/-/index.html

Posted on: 2012/4/26 11:53

Re: Cumberland Valley TU Boiling Springs Project

From York
Porous pavement sounds great but how many winters will it last. I will admit that I know very little about it but I would think that one good freeze-thaw-freeze would be enough to break it up.

Posted on: 2012/4/26 14:34

From Dallastown, PA
The idea is to have the water infiltrate and not stay at the surface level where the substrate is bonded. There is two feet of chipped stone below it to accept the moisture and subsequently drain into the ground.

It is experimental so we will see.

It appears to be a huge infiltration pit you can park on.

Posted on: 2012/4/29 19:08

From lancaster county
Quote:
Porous pavement sounds great but how many winters will it last. I will admit that I know very little about it but I would think that one good freeze-thaw-freeze would be enough to break it up.

Link

Quote:
Eventually the park will replace most of its impervious surfaces with porous asphalt and concrete. The pores in the pavement will allow additional runoff to be absorbed into the ground and recharge the ground water. The walkways around the park will be laid with porous concrete costing $28,500. The half-mile trail and 105 space parking lot will replace the original asphalt with porous asphalt costing $55,250.

Done already near Lititz Run. This is going to be very good for that little stream. It will last a long time.

Posted on: 2012/4/29 19:32

From Gettysburg
We had a recent thread on this topic not long ago - it's nearing completion or may be done by now.
Link

This project was very difficult to fund/contract and has been in the works for a year in fits and starts. The eventual project did not use porous pavement for the entire lot. The main center section is conventional surfacing but the two side car parking sections are porous. We'll see how the porous sections hold up. The main concern, of course, is storm water runoff. In the near future, we will continue to construct habitat improvement in the Run itself as part of an eight phase improvement project.

Posted on: 2012/4/30 8:34

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
171 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
4 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com